Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
jump-to hyperlink not working
06-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Post: #1
jump-to hyperlink not working
        Using latest version of Mojave on mac and can't seem to get a hyperlink to show in detail window. It appears as expected as underlined blue text in editing window, but only as regular text in item detail window. ID numbers correspond and records exist for links involved. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Post: #2
RE: jump-to hyperlink not working
The most likely cause of this is that no record with an ID # equal to 05244.01 exists. Jump-to links and R-type hyperlinks show up as blue, underlined text in the editor window, regardless of whether a record matching the target ID # value exists. But in the Item Details window, the hyperlink display (blue color and underlining) is suppressed if the target record either does not exist or is not being currently included because a subset is in effect. The key is that the target ID # must exactly match what is in the link definition. If the ID # (DPC #, in your case) in the target record was entered as 5244.01 (omitting the leading zero), then a hyperlink to 05244.01 will not find a match.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2019, 12:23 AM
Post: #3
RE: jump-to hyperlink not working
(06-20-2019 01:08 PM)jdp Wrote:  The most likely cause of this is that no record with an ID # equal to 05244.01 exists. Jump-to links and R-type hyperlinks show up as blue, underlined text in the editor window, regardless of whether a record matching the target ID # value exists. But in the Item Details window, the hyperlink display (blue color and underlining) is suppressed if the target record either does not exist or is not being currently included because a subset is in effect. The key is that the target ID # must exactly match what is in the link definition. If the ID # (DPC #, in your case) in the target record was entered as 5244.01 (omitting the leading zero), then a hyperlink to 05244.01 will not find a match.

Thanks jdp... Jeremy/admin diagnosed the problem from .xml file. I had used "Bold" value for my ID#s and that made them unrecognizable for hyperlink. I changed the ID#s back to "Normal" and all is copacetic. Thanks again for your input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)