Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
unfortunetly recollector has stopped-Android
06-01-2019, 05:48 AM
unfortunetly recollector has stopped-Android
Hi Jeremy

I follow the process of downloading to my android phone.

It reads the collection data file then starts to create , runs for a minute and then I get a "unfortunetly recollector has stopped report ok.

I have followed the process several times and it keeps stopping.

Phill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2019, 08:17 AM
RE: unfortunetly recollector has stopped-Android
Hi Phil,

The most frequent cause of this kind of error is some problem with an image file. It's best to try to diagnose this by first trying to do an export that excludes images, and see whether the Android device is happy opening that.

Then the next step is to try to determine which record was being imported when the program failed. The progress dialog that shows up when the import is in progress can be helpful to try and see which image was being imported when (or just before) the error occurs.

There is also a possibility that your Android device has run out of space for adding image files. But that can be a little hard to diagnose.

If all else fails, if you are willing to share your export file with me, I can try importing the file in a debugging environment, in order to determine what causes the import to fail.

-- Jeremy
06-03-2019, 02:06 PM
(06-03-2019 08:17 AM)maprecord Wrote:  Hi Phil,

The most frequent cause of this kind of error is some problem with an image file. It's best to try to diagnose this by first trying to do an export that excludes images, and see whether the Android device is happy opening that.

Then the next step is to try to determine which record was being imported when the program failed. The progress dialog that shows up when the import is in progress can be helpful to try and see which image was being imported when (or just before) the error occurs.

There is also a possibility that your Android device has run out of space for adding image files. But that can be a little hard to diagnose.

If all else fails, if you are willing to share your export file with me, I can try importing the file in a debugging environment, in order to determine what causes the import to fail.

-- Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

I checked the error log, for some reason 1386 files failed.

Not to sure how to solve this issue, so will send it to you to debug.

This is the first time this has happened.

Phill
06-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Hi Jeremy

Thanks for checking my file I sent you. Great to know it was okay and loaded properly on your android.

I downloaded a new export file to Dropbox.

This time I did not replace over the existing file (Apps/ Recollector /Dropbox/ Allied Shoulder Sleeve etc...)ie I just created a separate file and used the over write on the App,this worked.

I ran the error log report from a back up and it only showed 4 errors.

I have also sent you an error log report which shows the 1386 errors from the previous attempt.

Maybe you can pinpoint where I went wrong?

Anyway thanks for looking at my issue.

Phill