Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inserting a simple table?
04-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Inserting a simple table?
Hi all,

New user to Recollector and I love it, finally I have found a program that suits my collecting needs!

Just wondering if it is possible to insert a simple table into the data, for example two columns with 6-8 rows?

Thank you in advance
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Inserting a simple table?
Recollector does not support embedding tables into individual fields. If I understand your question, it sounds like you want to embed a table (in your example, a 2-column, 6-8 row table) into a particular record. Since all Recollector data is within fields, this would mean embedding a table within a particular field, and that is not supported.

The closest you can come to this is either:

1) Create an image of the mini-table, and add that into an image field.
2) Using a long-text field, use the ability to create multiple paragraphs to format text into a quasi-tabular appearance:

ABC 123

HIJ 333

LMN 543

QRS 765

XYZ 404

This isn't really very nice, since the extra space generated by moving on to a new paragraph is probably not wanted between rows of the "table". And the horizontal spacing between columns will be irregular. And there will be no lines between rows and columns, which is often wanted in a table.

So, basically, other than these two poor attempts to imitate a table, there is no ability to do what you are requesting.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed