Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Highlighted value in context menu
12-26-2018, 06:07 AM
Highlighted value in context menu
Hi Team Map Record

Would it be possible to have highlighted the value one use's in context menu's?

It would make it easier to Identify the value one is using.

Phill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2018, 06:59 AM
RE: Highlighted value in context menu
Hi Phil,

Thank you for this suggestion. I think the menu that you are referring to is just the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu from the Options menu. That's the one that is shown in the screen shot you provided, and for other similar sub-menus (Open Recent, Select a Subset, and Collection Windows), they already do what you are asking for: They show a check mark next to the current selection.

The only subtlety that would be involved in the Select Field Selection from Profile case, is that you can select one the Profiles from the sub-menu, but you can then change the set of shown columns via the List Field Selection option on the Options menu. If you make such a change (adding or deleting one or more columns from the List View display), should the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu still show the previously selected choice as selected (check mark shown)? Or once you have added or deleted a column from the display, should the sub-menu no longer show any Profile as the "currently selected" one?

Similarly, if you use the List Field Selection option on the Options menu and happen to choose to display a particular set of fields in a particular order, and that selection happens to exactly match a defined Field Profile, should the program automatically show that Profile as selected in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu? Or if you edit the Field Profile that is the currently selected one in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu, and you change the fields or field order in the profile, does that Profile name in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu automatically get unchecked?

My preference would be to automatically check, when the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu is shown, whether the current set of fields in the List View matches any of the existing Profiles, and, if it does, show a check-mark next to that Profile.
12-26-2018, 07:31 AM
(12-26-2018 06:59 AM)maprecord Wrote:  Hi Phil,

Thank you for this suggestion. I think the menu that you are referring to is just the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu from the Options menu. That's the one that is shown in the screen shot you provided, and for other similar sub-menus (Open Recent, Select a Subset, and Collection Windows), they already do what you are asking for: They show a check mark next to the current selection.

The only subtlety that would be involved in the Select Field Selection from Profile case, is that you can select one the Profiles from the sub-menu, but you can then change the set of shown columns via the List Field Selection option on the Options menu. If you make such a change (adding or deleting one or more columns from the List View display), should the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu still show the previously selected choice as selected (check mark shown)? Or once you have added or deleted a column from the display, should the sub-menu no longer show any Profile as the "currently selected" one?

Similarly, if you use the List Field Selection option on the Options menu and happen to choose to display a particular set of fields in a particular order, and that selection happens to exactly match a defined Field Profile, should the program automatically show that Profile as selected in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu? Or if you edit the Field Profile that is the currently selected one in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu, and you change the fields or field order in the profile, does that Profile name in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu automatically get unchecked?

My preference would be to automatically check, when the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu is shown, whether the current set of fields in the List View matches any of the existing Profiles, and, if it does, show a check-mark next to that Profile.

Hi Jeremy

Apologies if I interrupted your Xmas festive feast and rest with the family its 26 Dec in NZ.

I do get what you are saying it was more for instant visual recognition of where I am at to make changes for that field selection.

What I am trying to accomplish is recognizing my pick lists using a checked "Select field Selection from Profile specific" as an example if I am in a Favored view and the menu is checked I know where I am and can make changes within that view.

There is space there to have a check mark, so was thinking if that might work?

cheers

Phill
12-27-2018, 01:03 AM
I have added this feature to the latest PC version (3.2.59). Now, in the list of profiles shown in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu (off the Options menu), if a field profile matches the current List View (i.e. it specifies exactly the same set of fields - and in the same order - as shown in the List View), then a check mark will be shown next to the profile name.
12-27-2018, 06:07 AM
e
(12-27-2018 01:03 AM)maprecord Wrote:  I have added this feature to the latest PC version (3.2.59). Now, in the list of profiles shown in the Select Field Selection from Profile sub-menu (off the Options menu), if a field profile matches the current List View (i.e. it specifies exactly the same set of fields - and in the same order - as shown in the List View), then a check mark will be shown next to the profile name.

Thank you Jeremy

I feel with a check mark, it is visually easier to know where you are in the sub menu of the Select Field selection to make changes in that specific view.
Man I kept on getting confused between the different views in Options and Select Field Selection.

2018 has been a very successful year for building,maintaining and cataloging my collection using Recollector.

Its been and continues to be a thoroughly enjoyable process and what makes it better is it is made by a collector for the collecting community and you listen to feedback.

Thanks again and all the best for the new year.

Phill