Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A few bugs and a suggestion
12-17-2018, 01:08 PM
A few bugs and a suggestion
Hello Jeremy. I continue to love the program on my Mac and iPhone. I'm running Recollector v1.7.31 on a MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.1. As I've been using the Recollector App v2.9 on my newer iPhone Xs with iOS version 12.1.1, I've noticed a few issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

1) If I click on "Find," "Options," or "Subset," the heading in the upper right hand corner runs into the clock. No impact on functionality. It's just that the spacing does not play nicely with the iOS formatting and the top bar.

[Image: fpn_1545015698__img_5532.png]

2) If I click on a box that has a scrolling list of options such as "Search In" or "Sort By," the revolving carousel of options is jammed up towards to top of the screen and overlaps text that may already be present in the field. There is a lot of white space below this that may be better utilized for this purpose.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/...g_5534.png

3) If I go to "Find," type something to search for and select "Search In" but then go to cancel the query, the keyboard remains engaged and cannot be cleared unless you force quit the app.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/...g_5533.png

In addition to the above, I had one suggestion that I would love your feedback on. I love the Image Gallery view on the Mac app. Is it possible to have that same view on the iPhone? I would love to browse my collection in this way. Look forwards to hearing back from you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2018, 01:44 PM
RE: A few bugs and a suggestion
Thanks for sending the information about the issues you encountered with the Recollector App running on an iPhone XS with iOS 12.1.1. I can't say that I'm really surprised by this. New iPhone models with different screen sizes and newer versions of iOS to support these new new models seem to come out at an alarming rate. And each time this happens there is a reasonable chance that the App's screen layouts will be a bit messed up on some if the newer models.

I'm not able to try the App out on every new iPhone model (I'd go broke buying all the different models), but I do try to use Apple's simulators to test out the various new configurations. The latest updates to the Recollector App pre-date the newest iPhone models (including the iPhone XS and XR), so I guess it's time to re-visit the App and see if I can get the layouts to work better on the newer models.

I appreciate your suggestion for having an Image Gallery on the App, and it has occurred to me as something that would be nice to have. But this would require a significant amount of development effort, and I haven't heard much of a request (prior to your posting) for this feature, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to appear. But it will definitely go onto my request list.
12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
RE: A few bugs and a suggestion
Thanks. I appreciate the quick response. I can't even imagine what type of work it takes to code these things and keep everything running smoothly as operating systems and devices are altered/upgraded. Please keep up the excellent work.