Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Download for export to Device
09-26-2018, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2018 04:57 AM by Phill Lockett.)
Download for export to Device
Hi Jeremy

When I download the images get updated but I have found that text is not updated.

It does not mention update of Text and Images only .

The Highlighted part was not updated.

regards

Phill

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2018, 06:57 AM
RE: Download for export to Device
Phill,

Can you double-check this. I ask this because it just doesn't make any sense that the text would not be updated. When you export for download to the Recollector App, the current state of the collection (even if you have not done a Save before exporting) gets written out as the first part of the export file. Appended to this are then the encoded images (if any).

The fact that you see that the images are updated verifies that you have opened the new export file in the App, and not some older version of the collection. So I just don't see any obvious way that you would not also be seeing the updated text.

I suppose one (non-obvious) sequence of actions that might cause this behavior is if you exported the updated collection and images, which caused some of the images to get updated, and then you downloaded an earlier version of the export file which had excluded images from the export. Then the older text would be seen, but the images would still be pointing to the image files (by name) and those image files would be the ones that were updated and previously downloaded. This all seems really unlikely. But other than something like this, I can't see how the situation you describe would occur.
09-26-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: Download for export to Device
Hi Jeremy

Followed the download procedure , it loaded the new files into Dropbox.

I open the file and it started to upload.

The same result occurred.

I then noticed underneath the file name, Dropbox I then touched it and a text box came up with Confirm "do you want to overwrite this file?" I then pressed yes.
It then updated and it was good to go with the new text.

I thought the download would update with text without asking to over write the file.

The new file contained all the latest records with updated text and images.

Not to sure if I explained it that well but more likely i mucked up somewhere along the way,we are now good to go.

cheers

Phill