Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WIN10
07-17-2018, 09:39 PM
WIN10
Hi,
I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have only just realised that my Recollector program (and database) seems to have completely disappeared from my laptop.

I'm just about to re-install the program but I notice that the default directory to save to is C:\Program files\

Would this be why it's vanished and if so, should I save it somewhere else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2018, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2018 10:53 PM by maprecord.)
RE: WIN10
The default installation directory is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MapRecord Publications\Recollector

If the installation program shows a different default, this is due to the fact that during the most recent previous installation, this default was overridden and a different path was specified. (The installation path is remembered in the Windows Registry, and if, during installation, that information is found in the Registry, that saved path will be shown instead of the default.)

Please try to completely remove any information (including Registry information) from a prior installation, by using the W10 Settings > Apps & Features to uninstall Recollector. Then try running the installation program for the latest version of Recollector.

If you don't see Recollector in the Settings > Apps & Features list of installed programs, or, for whatever reason, the installation program still shows you the default location that you reported ("C:\Program files"), I would recommend overriding that default, and instead type in the normal default installation path, shown at the beginning of my post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply