Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inserting a row
07-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Inserting a row
I have my data in rows that are in alphabetical order. (With over a thousand rows) I originally imported my data from excel and I have found some new data that I need to add. Is there a way I can insert rows in the Recollector programme to keep my data in alphabetical order?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2018, 11:31 PM
RE: Inserting a row
All you need to do to keep your data (including your newly entered records) in alphabetical order is to have your list sorted by the field that you want to alphabetically order your records by.

It sounds like your current sort order might be by the ID # field, and you may have entered your original data in alphabetic order, as well as assigning ID # values automatically. So, up to now, when the list is displayed (sorted by ID #), it appears in alphabetic order, even though it is really in ID # order.

You can determine the sort order by looking at the lower left corner of the collection window. You can change the sort order in one of two ways:
  1. Click (or, on the Mac double-click) on the header of the column that you want to order the rows by.
  2. Choose Sort Order from the Options menu.

The bottom line is this: Recollector does not have any "natural" order for the rows in the List View. Rows are ordered by the "sort order" that you specify, and that you can change at any time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply