Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Go back to original link
06-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Go back to original link
Hi Team Maprecord

When I'm in Item details and have added a Link to another item , I would like to have an option in dialogue box "go back to Item" instead of creating another Link to go back.
This would save time and also it will take collectors back to the original Item in list and image view.
I have 2534 items and many will have a link to the original source ,due to resignation/name changes but using the same insignia and some up to 10 title changes over a 30 year period also an item could be #69 bit its linked to item # 1322 and #785.

1)SOC-JCOM Item view with Link to SOCACOM

2)SOCACOM note it has Link to SOC-JCOM

3)Go back to original SOC-JCOM Item view

In a nutshell Im trying to gut down on creating links but going back to the original item and location from where I started.

Hope that makes sense!

Phill

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: Go back to original link
Hi Phill,

You can do this already. After you use a jump-to link, you can choose Back to previous record (or <Ctrl>-B on the PC; <Command>-B on the Mac) to go back to the record you jumped from.
06-05-2018, 03:35 AM
Thanks Jeremy

Yes that works , it doesn't show "Back to previous record" in dialogue box .
Could you add "Back to previous record " in dialogue box?
it would make it easier fr the operator.

cheers

Phill
06-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Phill,

I'm unclear as to where you want to see "Back to previous record" link/button. You say that you would like to see that in the dialog box. But you are describing working in the Item Details view of the collection window, so there is no dialog box being shown. You click a jump-to hyperlink and you get to another record in the Item Details view. Are you asking that a new button ("Back to previous record") be displayed in the collection window (perhaps adjacent to the buttons at the upper right, where the "Show/Hide pix", "Edit", "Previous" and "Next" buttons are)?

-- Jeremy
06-06-2018, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 03:52 AM by Phill Lockett.)
(06-06-2018 12:23 AM)maprecord Wrote:  Phill,

I'm unclear as to where you want to see "Back to previous record" link/button. You say that you would like to see that in the dialog box. But you are describing working in the Item Details view of the collection window, so there is no dialog box being shown. You click a jump-to hyperlink and you get to another record in the Item Details view. Are you asking that a new button ("Back to previous record") be displayed in the collection window (perhaps adjacent to the buttons at the upper right, where the "Show/Hide pix", "Edit", "Previous" and "Next" buttons are)?

-- Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

In Item detail

Right click in dialogue box.

Phill
06-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Oh. An additional context menu item. That should be straightforward. I'll try to add that soon.
06-06-2018, 03:58 PM
(06-06-2018 07:36 AM)maprecord Wrote:  Oh. An additional context menu item. That should be straightforward. I'll try to add that soon.

Thanks Jeremy

I did not know the terminology.

Phill
06-10-2018, 12:03 AM
The latest update (V3.2.42) of the Windows version of Recollector now includes a Back to jumped-from record menu item on the context menu of the Item Details view. This menu item is equivalent to the Back to Previous Record choice on the Search menu. (The new context menu item is disabled if you haven't reached the current record via a jump-to hyperlink.)
06-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Thanks Jeremy

When I use search in List View, found what I was after , then clicked on Item details to find more info with jump-to hyperlink, I wanted to go back to where I started in List View as my reference point.

Much appreciated, I do hope fellow collectors appreciate what you do to allow us to add small changes that help the Recollector community.

Phill