Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inserting a row
06-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Inserting a row
I have my data in rows that are in alphabetical order. (With over a thousand rows) I originally imported my data from excel and I have found some new data that I need to add. Is there a way I can insert rows in the Recollector programme to keep my data in alphabetical order? .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2018, 05:50 AM
RE: Inserting a row
Recollector doesn't really have any built-in order to the records in a collection. The order that you see (in the List View, the Image Gallery, and the Next/Previous links in the Item Details view) is based on the sort order, and you can set sorting to be done by any field you want. So, to keep your collection in alphabetical order, even after adding new records, just make sure that whatever field you want things alphabetized by is the primary sorting field.

There are two ways to set the sort order. The easiest is to simply click (or double-click on the Mac) on the column header of the desired field in the List View. The other way is to use Sort Order from the Options menu, which lets you specify one or more fields as your sorting fields. (Having more than one sort field allows you to specify what to sort by if there is a "tie" in the prior field.) You can also choose whether to use ascending or descending order for a sort field.

Note that the current sort order is displayed in the lower left corner of the collection window.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply