Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Files not Found 25 Copy Failed
04-29-2018, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2018 03:14 PM by Phill Lockett.)
Files not Found 25 Copy Failed
Hi there

Is there a way to find out what files that are not found and or copy failed besides going thru every file? Especially if you have a large database?

I should add it would be quicker to find and fix theses errors.

regards

Phill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2018, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2018 12:38 AM by maprecord.)
RE: Files not Found 25 Copy Failed
Yesterday, no, there was not a way to do this. However, yours is a very good suggestion. So I have just uploaded a new Windows version of Recollector (3.2.40) that addresses this issue. Now, when you do a backup, if any image files (or associated files from M-type or F-type hyperlinks) aren't found or fail to be copied, there will be an ErrorLog.txt file in the backup folder (next to the BackupDescriptor.txt file) that lists the files that weren't able to be included in the backup.
04-30-2018, 03:40 AM
(04-29-2018 10:29 PM)maprecord Wrote:  Yesterday, no, there was not a way to do this. However, yours is a very good suggestion. So I have just uploaded a new Windows version of Recollector (3.2.40) that addresses this issue. Now, when you do a backup, if any image files (or associated files from M-type or F-type hyperlinks) aren't found or fail to be copied, there will be an ErrorLog.txt file in the backup folder (next to the BackupDescriptor.txt file) that lists the files that weren't able to be included in the backup.

Thanks Jeremy

The Errorlog.txt worked, now I can go thru and fix all 60 errors!

reards

Phill
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2018 07:33 PM by Phill Lockett.)
Just an update

I had 60 errors composed of 35 files not found and 25 Copies failed.

With the updated Errorlog.txt , I managed to fix all but 4, which are misc jpegs that I did not name correctly.
The issues were:
Some Images were buried 3 deep into files so I copied and pasted to a higher file.
Some images were copied but did not upload.
Some DOC. Charts copy failed, possibly due to my error.

With that being said, the Errorlog.txt , I could locate the issues by searching (including using begins with in subset search) as well as by using specific words in search and my own alpha numeric numbering system per image.

Misc files

So thanks Jeremy this was a big help.

Phill