Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toggle Views
04-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Toggle Views
Hi there

Can recollector turn fields on and off(Item View)?

As an example I want to share an Item with all the relevant info in view mode ,however I don't want them to see the pricing and the actual Fields themselves.
Fields list actual cost, current value and projected value.

Some fields I might want to "put in the background" but may use them later.

I know I can move fields around and then screen shot what I want however wonder if this could be any use?

cheers

Phill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2018, 12:30 PM
RE: Toggle Views
Phill,

Yes, you can do this. You do this using the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle on the Options menu. When this toggle is turned on, the Item Details display leaves out any fields that are not in the set of fields currently displayed in the List View.

The best way to use this feature is to define a new Field Profile (using Manage Field Profiles on the Options menu), and to include in that Field Profile just the fields that you want to have shown in the Item Details display (as well as the order in which the selected fields are to be displayed). Then use Select Field Selection from Profile (on the Options menu), and select the newly created profile, to get the List View to display just those fields. Then turn on the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle. Now, when you go to Item Details, you will just be seeing the fields that are in the Field Profile; any other fields will not be shown.

If you take this approach, it is probably also a good idea to define yet one more Field Profile: one that includes the set of fields that you normally want to see in the List View. That way, when you are finished using the Item Details with a restricted set of fields, you can turn off the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle, and also re-set the List View to include the fields that you normally want to see there, by using Select Field Selection from Profile, and selecting this "normal" Field Profile.
04-14-2018, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 03:25 PM by Phill Lockett.)
RE: Toggle Views
(04-14-2018 12:30 PM)maprecord Wrote:  Phill,

Yes, you can do this. You do this using the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle on the Options menu. When this toggle is turned on, the Item Details display leaves out any fields that are not in the set of fields currently displayed in the List View.

The best way to use this feature is to define a new Field Profile (using Manage Field Profiles on the Options menu), and to include in that Field Profile just the fields that you want to have shown in the Item Details display (as well as the order in which the selected fields are to be displayed). Then use Select Field Selection from Profile (on the Options menu), and select the newly created profile, to get the List View to display just those fields. Then turn on the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle. Now, when you go to Item Details, you will just be seeing the fields that are in the Field Profile; any other fields will not be shown.

If you take this approach, it is probably also a good idea to define yet one more Field Profile: one that includes the set of fields that you normally want to see in the List View. That way, when you are finished using the Item Details with a restricted set of fields, you can turn off the Limit Item Details to Only Fields Shown in List toggle, and also re-set the List View to include the fields that you normally want to see there, by using Select Field Selection from Profile, and selecting this "normal" Field Profile.

Thanks Jeremy

Updated also added a favoured list profile view

Normal Item Item Detail

Selected Item View less $ values

Selected Normal Lists favoured view

Phill