Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Updating-MAC
01-30-2018, 05:02 AM
Updating-MAC
Hello,

As we continue to add to the collection, the new additions are not showing up in our app (iphone). I did the "Export for download" after the new items were added but they did not show up.

What are we doing wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2018, 05:19 AM
RE: Updating-MAC
I'm assuming that you are using Dropbox to transfer the export file from your PC or Mac to your iPhone, and that you put the export file into the Apps/Recollector folder of your Dropbox account.

On the iPhone, the newer version of the collection does not get automatically downloaded. You need to click the Dropbox button on the Select Collection screen. That will cause the App to look into the Apps/Recollector Dropbox folder (in the cloud) and download the newer data, if it finds it.

The only other issue I can think of is that it takes some amount of time for the export file that you placed into the Apps/Recollector folder on your computer to get pulled up into the cloud by Dropbox. Normally this is just a matter of a few seconds. But if you are having any connectivity problems between your computer and the internet, the transfer to Dropbox in the cloud could be delayed. And the new data will not be seen by the Recollector App until the data has arrived in the cloud.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply