Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uncaught Error
11-12-2017, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 01:47 AM by mdziewulski.)
Uncaught Error
Hi,
I was playing with recollector demo version for some time. After the new version appeared I managed to install new demo, but after some time I can't run the software anymore. My windows10 gives me uncaught error message (picture atteched). My windows is working in Polish language, so you have to forgive me that part of the system message is not in English. The first sentence says "element of the same key was already added", all the letters "w" means "in".

Is there anyway to fix it? Uninstalling and removing all recollector files from the computer didn't do anything in that matter.

Thank you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: Uncaught Error
Thank you for sending the error message display. The error indicates that you have duplicate keys in your preferences file. Though I don't know how this might have happened, I can help you fix it.

On Windows 10, the Recollector preferences file is located at:

C:\Users\<accountname>\AppData\Local\MRP\prefs.cgl

where "<accountname>" is whatever your login account name is. Open that file (prefs.cgl) in notepad. See whether you can find two lines that have the same key (the key being the text prior to the colon [:] character). If you find this, delete line (or lines) such that there are no duplicate keys. Save the file and close notepad; then try to run Recollector.

If you are unsure about what lines might have duplicate keys, it is even OK to delete all the lines in the prefs.cgl file or even to delete the prefs.cgl file entirely. That will lose any preferences that you may have previously set, but you can always re-set them once the program is up and running again. Deleting all the lines certainly guarantees that there will not be any duplicate keys. If you do delete the file, or all the lines in the file, Recollector will behave like you are using it for the first time, and it will have 'forgotten' the location of the collection(s) you previously created. So you would have to use File > Open to navigate to and select your collection file, in order to open an existing collection.
11-12-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: Uncaught Error
Worked fine! Thank you.