Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attaching PDF Files to a record
11-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Attaching PDF Files to a record
I have a collection of ceramic sculpture. I would like to attach multipage pdf files to certain pieces. I have tried to do this by placing the file in the image folder. However, only the first page of the file appears in the record. Is there some way for me to get the multi-pages to appear?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2017, 04:56 AM
RE: Attaching PDF Files to a record
PDF files should be attached to records as F-type hyperlinks (within a text-type field). When you click on the hyperlink to a PDF file (in the Item Details view), the application that your system is configured to use to view PDF files will be opened and the PDF document will be displayed there. (For most people, Adobe Acrobat is the application that their system is configured to use when opening PDF files.) This allows you to look at the entire PDF file, whether it is a single-page or a multi-page document.

On the Mac, you can use a PDF file as an image file in an image-type field in Recollector. But only the first page of a multi-page PDF will be displayed. (Since this is the behavior you describe, I assume that you are running on a Mac, and not on a PC.) The reason for this first-page-only behavior is that PDF is really a document format, not an image format. Though the Mac operating system provides some support for using a PDF file as if it were an image file, it is really isn't an image file. So it is best not to put PDF files into image fields in Recollector, but to make F-type hyperlinks to the PDF file from a text field.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply